Having a healthy diet is a way to prevent health problems and will provide your body with the right balance of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Since human nutrition is complex, a healthy diet may vary widely, and is subject to an individual’s genetic makeup, environment, and health. Particular diet plans may be developed for those seeking weight loss or weight gain.
- While longer than a typical doctor’s appointment, a visit with your Naturopathic Doctor will have many common themes. You will be expected to fill out a patient information and health history form. You will be seen in a private room and have the undivided attention of Dr. Harandi. She will ask you questions about your present and past health.
- Once a full health history is taken, pertinent physical exams will be conducted.
- Dr. Harandi will conduct a thorough review of past laboratory reports or findings, and if necessary, laboratory tests may be ordered to fill any gaps in the information.
- Additional recommendations, such as lifestyle changes, therapeutic exercises, herbs or supplements, or hydrotherapy techniques are made – preferably in cooperation with your primary care provider.
- The differences will become apparent in the holistic way in which your health is viewed- Mind, Body, and Spirit are all considered – the Whole Person philosophy.
- During your appointment, you may receive some form of physical medicine if indicated, such as therapeutic massage, myofascial release technique, oseous manipulation, frequency-specific microcurrent, or acupuncture.
- At the close of your appointment, you will be given any recommendations in writing on a form, a “Wellness Plan”. Based on the philosophy of Doctor as teacher, this has been developed so that you can begin to develop a resource manual of your personal health journey.
- Every attempt is made to educate you about your body and return the control of your health to your own hands. Educational hand-outs are provided. Many patients choose to keep these in a binder or folder with the Wellness Plan.
- Maintenance visits are available every 6 months for a comprehensive wellness check. The goal of the visit may be to decrease the amount of supplements taken, offer exercise/movement prescriptions, monitor ongoing progress.
Please call 914-419-9288 to schedule an appointment.
Trust the Healing Power of Nature. - Dr. Layli HarandiNew Patient intake appointments are 60-75 minutes in duration. A full history and pertinent physical exam are performed. New patients please click here for the two forms you will need to complete prior to your first appointment.